- 3 cups cooked rice or bulgar, rinsed and drained
- ½ cups apple chunks
- ½ cup dark raisins
- ½ cup roasted Oregon hazelnuts
- ½ cup mushrooms, quartered
- ½ cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups bok choy, leaves and tender stems
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Pour hot water over raisins and soak 20 minutes.
- Drain and use the liquid in your favorite bread or stew recipe.
- Prepare vegetables as indicated, and slice bok choy diagonally through the leaves and stems.
- Cover and microwave all vegetables in chicken broth on full power for 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Remove vegetables from broth and reserve.
- Mix flour and cayenne.
- Rub butter into flour mixture until smooth.
- Add ¼ cup broth from vegetables and stir until blended; gradually add this mixture to the rest of the broth and stir until smooth.
- Add parsley and microwave on full power for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until thick.
- Toss rice, vegetables, hazelnuts, raisins and thickened broth until well mixed.
- Adjust salt.
- Heat through on full power for 1 minute.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.