This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 stick lemon grass
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch ginger root sliced into thin rounds
- 2 fresh hot chili peppers cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Smash lemon grass with the flat of a large knife and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat coconut milk and water in a saucepan over moderate heat but do not boil.
- Add lemon grass, ginger and chilies and simmer for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add chicken strips and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.