How do I name it? It's a Chat driven combination. Yeah RRRiiight. Fusion cooking at it's most insane. The tastes worked well together.
- ⅓ cup pickled ginger or 2 – 3 inches gingerroot, sliced as thin as possible
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup mirin
- ⅓ teaspoon sugar (or if you don't have it ⅓ cup Japanese rice wine vinegar and 1½ tsp sugar)
- pico de gallo (salsa fresca) or any light tasting salsa, with 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ lb of very thinly cross-grain not fatty sliced beef (rib eye, rump, round, I suspect even brisket. if you are lucky enough to have an eastern rim type ma)
- 1 – 2 kaiser rolls or hoagie rolls
- 2 – 4 slices Monterey jack pepper cheese
- a bit of sweet hot mustard (I liked it) (optional)
- Marinate the beef well mixed with the sushi ginger in a refrigerator box overnight.
- In a very lightly oiled very very hot griddle or one of those round hump topped mongolian bbq stovetop grills.
- Grill the meat both sides.
- It will be a matter of seconds per side.
- Split the roll.
- Load the bottom half liberally with the pico de gallo.
- Pile on the still hot beef.
- Top with *sufficient* pepper jack.
- Spread the optional sweet hot mustard (not a lot as it shouldn't take over).
- Enjoy, i had a bottle kirin with mine.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.