Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: 1,001 Recipes For People With Diabetes by Sue Spitler
- Yield: 8 servings
- ⅔ pkg (12oz size) rice noodles
- 2 cups snow peas, steamed
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, cut into segments
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup fresh, or canned, bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp five-spice powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place noodles in large bowl; pour boiling water over to cover.
- Let stand until noodles separate and are tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Combine noodles, snow peas, bell pepper, oranges, mushrooms, and bean sprouts in large bowl.
- Combine orange juice and remaining ingredients; pour over noodle mixture and toss.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (⅛ of recipe):
- 198 Calories | 3.7g Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 72mg Sodium | 5.9g Protein | 36.9g Carbs
- Diabetic Exchanges: ½ vegetable | 2 bread/starch | ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.