- ⅓ pound chicken livers
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced fine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ stick butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- ¾ teaspoon dried orange peel
- ⅓ pound cream cheese, softened
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Drop in the livers.
- Turn the heat down and simmer.
- Meanwhile, set aside several sprigs of cilantro for garnishing and mince the rest.
- Saute the shallot, ginger, and garlic.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Toss all the ingredients into a food processor. Do not overprocess or you will end up with liver soup!
- Pour into a generously greased 9 x 5 x 2 inch loaf pan.
- Cover with a clean dish towel and refrigerate until firm.
- To remove, use a knife to cleanly separate the pâté from the side of the pan.
- Turn it out onto your serving platter.
- Smooth any unevenness in the surface with a knife and garnish with fresh sprigs of cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.