Makes about four 6 ounce jars.
- 1 lb rhubarb finely chopped
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, five spice powder, ginger,hot pepper sauce and lemon juice; blend well.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, skim off foam and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture becomes transparent and thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized jars; seal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.