Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1¾ cups beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cook Onion and garlic in oil in 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until Onion is tender.
- Add broth, rice, soy sauce and pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir green onions, red pepper and sesame seeds into cooked rice; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.