Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ cup orzo (rice shaped pasta)
- 3 cups chicken broth (canned or homemade)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, julienne or ½ tbsp dried basil, crumbled
- fresh basil sprigs for garnish
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add orzo and sauté 2 minute.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan and basil julienne.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer orzo to shallow bowl.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.