- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large bunc spinach -- stems removed and washed well coarse salt freshly
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves -- minced
- 3 roma tomatoes -- cored seeded and diced
- 2 cups orzo Pasta
- 1/4 cup grated anejo or Romano Cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over high heat. In batches, add spinach with water clinging to leaves. Stir 2 minutes, until wilted and tender.
- Stir in pinch each salt and pepper; drain in colander set over bowl. When spinach is cool to handle, press down to extract liquid. Coarsely chop, reserving juice.
- Wipe out pan, add remaining oil. Over medium heat, saute pine nuts until lightly golden. Add garlic, cook, stirring, about 2 minutes, until aroma is released.
- Stir in tomatoes and spinach, adjust seasonings and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat; set aside. Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and add to spinach mixture with reserved spinach juice. Toss, reheat, sprinkle with Cheese and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.