- 3 tbsp margarine
- 10 graham cracker squares
- ½ cup skimmed evaporated milk, cold
- 1 pack Dream Whip
- 27 pack Equal sweetener
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 large lemons, ½ cup juice
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Melt margarine on medium to low heat.
- Roll graham crackers into crumbs with rolling pin.
- Mix crumbs and melted margarine.
- Pat to make crust on bottom and sides of pie pan. Chill.
- Add cold evaporated milk to dream whip (do not add vanilla).
- Sprinkle in 24 pkg. Equal.
- Mix and beat according to directions.
- Beat egg yolks slightly, and gradually stir in lemon juice.
- Gradually fold in the whipped dream whip.
- Spread in pie crust.
- Turn on broiler so it will get hot.
- Beat 3 egg whites frothy (use clean beaters so whites will beat up as fluffy as possible).
- Add 1 tbsp sugar and beat until blended in.
- Add another tbsp sugar and 3 equal pkg. and beat until soft peaks form.
- Spread meringue over top.
- Spread meringue to stick to the edges so it won't shrink when you broil it.
- Put under broiler for 30 – 60 seconds until meringue is lightly browned. It doesn't take long at all and is easy to burn. The flavors will blend better if you chill for 5 hours.
Nutritional information Edit
- calories 144 | fat 5g | cholesterol .6 mg | carbohydrate 27g | sodium 81 mg.
- Exchanges: bread 1, fruit ½, milk ½, fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.