Light and tasty treats are particularly sweet with Vidalia onions, but they are good with whatever is available.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Healthy HomeStyle Cookbook
- Number of Servings: 4
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced ea
- 1 tbsp reduced-calorie corn oil
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tbsp fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- Peel onion; slice into ¼ inch rings.
- Sprinkle with oil and toss to coat.
- Mix dry ingredients, sprinkle over onion rings, and toss to coat evenly.
- Place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½ cup (2 oz) serving
- Exchanges: 2 Vegetable | 1 Fat
- Calories 93 (Calories from fat 45) | Total fat 5g (Saturated fat 1g) | Cholesterol 3 mg | Sodium 104 mg | Total Carbohydrate 9 g (Dietary fiber 1g) | Protein 3 g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.