Make this early in the day and refrigerate. Remember, if you're packing it along on an outing, keep it on ice in a reliable cooler and eat it as soon as possible.
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon each paprika and garlic salt
- a grind of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter or margarine
- 1 free-range chicken, about 3 pounds, cut into pieces
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan, paprika, garlic salt, pepper, and parsley.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Dip the chicken in melted butter, and then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place, skin side up, on a lightly oiled or oiled sprayed baking pan, arranging pieces so they don't touch (you can use two pans if needed).
- Bake at 350°F for an hour or until the meat at the thighbone is no longer pink when checked with a knife.
- To serve cold, remove to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and refrigerate until well chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
- 600 calories (360 from fat) | 40g total fat | 15g saturated fat | < 1g dietary fiber | 40g protein | 16g carbohydrate | 170mg cholesterol | 600mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.