From "Vegetarian Cooking for Diabetics"
- 1 medium eggplant
- ½ cup cottage cheese, low fat
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tsp bay leaf, ground
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 oz provolone
- Cook eggplant in boiling water, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides leaving ½" shell.
- Mash scooped out insides with cottage cheese, onion, bay leaf, basil, oregano and tomato sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F stuff eggplant halves, place in casserole dish and bake covered for 15 minutes .
- Add a little water to bottom of pan to keep eggplant moist.
- Top with provolone cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes uncovered.
Nutritional informaton Edit
1 serving = 244c, 2 meat, 1 bread, 2 veg protein 10gm, fat 4gm, carbo 10 gm
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.