Recipe from United Soybean Board
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, drained
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp each dried oregano, crushed, and salt
- 1 sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 medium mushrooms, quartered
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Cut tofu in half vertically then horizontally. Drain on several layers of paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible. If desired, score surfaces to allow more marinade to penetrate tofu.
- Combine vinegar, oil, Sugar, garlic, oregano and salt; mix well.
- Place tofu and vegetables in a shallow baking pan leaving enough space between the pieces for even roasting; brush with vinegar mixture. Let stand 30 minutes, brush again and let stand 30 minutes longer.
- Bake tofu, pepper and Onion at 500 °F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Turn once halfway through baking time.
- Add mushrooms during last half of roasting time.
- Transfer to platter and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional Info Edit
- 138 calories.
- 9.5 g pro.
- 15.5 g carb.
- 4.6 g fat, (29% calories. from fat)
- 0.5 g sat. fat
- 0 mg chol.
- 1.3 g fiber
- 367 mg sodium
- 8.4 g pro. from soy, 2.2 g fat from soy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.