Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 6 Smart Dogs
- 6 skewers
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- egg replacer = 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp melted shortening
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the soy milk, egg replacer, and shortening and mix until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Put the smart dogs on the sticks and dip them in the cornmeal batter to coat them evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 350 degrees until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.