Coleslaw just naturally goes with crab cakes. Here's a recipe that is a delicious way to eat more fiber.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The South Beach Diet Cookbook Phase 1.
- Makes 4 Servings
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar substitute
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar substitute, lemon juice, vinegar, celery salt, and garlic salt.
- Add the cabbage, celery, green pepper, and chives.
- Toss lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the radishes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- 106 Calories | 1g Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 4g Protein | 25g Carbs | 5g Dietary Fiber | 0 mg Cholesterol | 685 mg Sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.