This is a unique and delicious version of the traditional oyster stew
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 jars oysters with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- juice of 2 lemons (6 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Soak rice in 1 cup of warm water for 20 minutes. Remove, dry in a cloth and place in a processor to break up grains (about 10 seconds).
- Heat oil in a large pot and add onion, tomatoes, and rice. Mix well and shake for about 3 minutes. Strain liquid from oysters and add enough water to make 1 ltr. Add water to onion mixture and simmer 2 minutes. Add oysters and simmer until oysters are cooked (be careful not to overcook). Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper; stir and serve hot
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.