Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 x 14oz can artichoke hearts, cut in quarters
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 1 can chicken broth
- pinch cayenne
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 pint oysters, drained and chopped (reserve liquor)
- ¼ cup vermouth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Melt the butter and saute the green onions, celery and garlic until soft.
- Add the artichokes.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the flour and stir to coat the vegetables well, but do not let the flour brown.
- Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly.
- Add the cayenne, salt, Worcestershire sauce and thyme.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the oysters, oyster liquor and vermouth and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Stir in the milk and half-and-half.
- Before serving, heat the soup slowly over low heat.
Nutritional information Edit
- 428 Calories | 25g Fat | 27g Carbs | 5g Fiber | 1714mg Sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.