This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the O'Reilly Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- fresh oysters in the shell
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tangerine
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh wasabi peeled and very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- With a sharp knife peel grapefruit and tangerine just deep enough to expose the fruit removing all white pulp.
- Section the citrus over a bowl to catch the juices then finely chop fruit sections.
- Return fruit to the bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days before serving.
- Wash oysters and scrub shells with a vegetable brush to remove any debris.
- Refrigerate until ready to shuck.
- Right before serving shuck oysters discarding top shells and inspecting oysters for any bits of broken shell picking them out carefully.
- Serve on a platter with crushed ice.
- Serve splash in a bowl so guests can spoon it over oysters.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.