- 7 cups flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 eggs
Burnt Sugar mixture:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, measure 2 cups Sugar and stir until it dissolves into a brown syrup.
- Turn heat down to simmer, then slowly add water then vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- cream butter and Sugar then add milk, water and eggs.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Add burnt Sugar mixture to the above. Mix well.
- Pour batter into 2 angel food cake pans lined with foil so that the batter doesn't seep through the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees with top covered with foil (so the steam doesn't escape) for 2 hours or you may steam it in a pot for 2 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.