Rice and milk pudding
- 50 gm rice
- 1 liter milk
- 05 gm cardamom powder
- 100 gm sugar (or milkmaid)
- 50 ml ghee
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- 25 gm raisins
- pinch of saffron
- Wash and soak the rice for ½ an hour.
- Cook the rice in milk until soft.
- Add cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cashew nuts.
- When the cashew nuts are slightly golden, add the raisins and sauté for 1 minute.
- Soak saffron peels into the milk and mix them after coloring to the payasam.
- Pour on the rice mixture and serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.