- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 cups mixed vegetables chopped fine
- 1 cup potatoes – chopped fine
- 1 cup onions – grated
- 1 tsp chopped cloves of garlic – ground together
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 cup tomato – grated
- ½ cup tomato purée
- green chillies – chopped to taste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp powdered red pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 6 pav breads
- 6 tbsp butter for the bread
- ½ cup oil
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, then the Onion paste and sauté till brown and fat separates.
- Add the mixed vegetables and potatoes and sauté first over high heat, then over low, till cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and puree, green chillies, turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala and red pepper and continue cooking till the fat separates. Keep mashing the vegetables with the stirrer as it cooks.
- To serve, heat some butter, slit the bread horizontally and fry in the butter till brown.
- Serve with the vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.