- mixed salad greens
- sliced celery
- sliced radishes
- sliced jícama
- carrot, shaved
- red onion, thinly sliced
- whole pecans
- mandarin orange wedges
- Start with a large wooden salad bowl filled with mixed greens; we recommend mixing fresh spinach, butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce, and hearts of romaine.
- Add sliced celery, radishes, and jicama for crunch.
- We also added carrot shavings for color and thinly sliced red onion for pop.
- Add whole pecans and mandarin orange wedges to the greens.
- Now add the salad dressing, and toss like mad! mix the dressing.
- Don't add to the salad until just before serving.
- As a final touch, add some good quality large size croutons and fresh milled black pepper and rush to the table! Delicious.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.