Spicy coconut eggplant
- 6 – 8 eggplants (long)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ tsp hot red peppers (local)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 – 2 cps fresh squeezed coconut milk
- 1 tbsp salt
- Using a fork, poke hole around each eggplant, grill over bar-be-que until soft when pressed with a fork.
- Cool cooked eggplants in a bowl of cold water for 5–10 minutes before peeling off outter skin.
- If desired, eggplants may be sliced or split lengthwise.
- Place cooked, peeled eggplants in another bowl.
- Add to the eggplants, chopped green onions, hot peppers (to desired spiciness), lemon juice (to desired tanginess), coconut milk (to desired taste, not too coconutty, tanginess should still be tasted), add salt last to desired saltiness (salt should balance tanginess with coconutiness).
- Chill uncovered for 20 – 40 minutes before serving.
- For best results, serve along with other fiesta foods.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.