- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup long-grain brown rice or arborio rice
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves caramelized garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- ½ tsp saffron threads, or
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup sliced green or black olives
- 2 green onions or scallions , chopped
- 1 lb grilled chicken, seafood, or turkey burgers
- Preheat a paella or large sauté pan with a tight-fitting cover.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan, then add the rice, pepper, tomato, garlic, and paprika.
- Stirring constantly, cook for 2 minutes, or until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Add the broth, Tabasco, and saffron or turmeric and bring to a boil, then low the heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, green peas, , and green onions or scallions, and cook until the rice is tender-about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, seafood, or grilled turkey burgers, if desired.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.