- 1½ cups besan (gramflour available in our store)
- ½ tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup potatoes or onions (sliced)
- 4 tbsp minced cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh fenugreek / methi leaves or 2 tbsp dried (optional)
- oil for deep frying
- Mix the onions, cayenne pepper, salt and besan (also cilantro and methi). Let it rest for about about 10 minutes to allow the vegetables to sweat. Add some water (only as much as required) to make into a very thick paste.
- Heat the oil for about 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat. Pour a spoonful of the paste in the oil and let fry until golden brown. Stir in between. Remove from oil and strain the oil out.
- Serve with tamarind chutney and mint chutney
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.