- Stir-fry Shrimp with shiitake mushroom and baby corn is delicious. It is one of the recipes that my family cooks on special occasions.
- ½ to 1 lb. medium or large shrimp. peeled and de-veined
- 1 small canned baby corn drained
- 1 dozen dried shiitake mushroom soaked in warm water and drained
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 stalks green onion. cut ½ inch length
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- a handful chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, marinated shrimp with salt and black pepper, then add all purpose flour and cornstarch.
- Mix well and set a side.
- In a small bowl, mix water with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.
- Set a side.
- Pre-heat a wok or skillet with high temperature.
- When it hot, add cooking oil.
- Sauté shrimp for few seconds then add garlic, yellow onion, carrot, baby corn and mushroom.
- Stirs well.
- Pour mix sauces over and stirs till the sauce thicken, then add green onion.
- Stirs well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro before serve.
- Serve hot as mahope sar (appetizer) or with rice.
- Note: if you serve this dish with rice, diluted the sauce with another ½ cup water.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.