- 2 – 3 bunches palak (spinach)
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 60 g garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 60 g oil
- 100 g onions, chopped
- 6 – 8 red chilies
- 5 g chili powder
- 3 g turmeric
- salt to taste
- Clean the spinach and chop them finely.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the red chilies, chopped onions and chopped garlic until golden in color.
- Then add chili powder, turmeric, asafoetida and fry for few minutes.
- Now, add chopped spinach and fry for few more minutes.
- Add salt, cover the pan and cook until the spinach gets tender.
- Serve hot with chapaties.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.