- Wash palm nuts and boil until the skin becomes loose.
- Drain water.
- Place nuts in a mortar and beat until skin becomes separated from kernels.
- Rove kernels and continue beating to form a pulp. Transfer pulp to a pan and add water to cover. Wash pulp thoroughly, then squeeze out fibers and kernels.
- Pass liquid through a sieve to remove all fibers and kernels
- Palm butter is now ready to be cooked.
- Palm butter maybe stored in a freezer until ready to cook
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.