- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 large potatoes (about 1¼ lb)
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 beef rib eye steaks, each 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic or red wine vinegar
- About 30 minutes before serving, preheat boiler if manufacturer directs.
- Slice unpeeled potatoes crosswise into ¼ inch slices.
- On ungreased jelly roll pan, arrange potatoes in a single layer, overlapping slightly if necessary.
- Drizzle potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive or salad oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Place jelly roll pan with potatoes in broiler about 4 inches from source of heat.
- Broil potatoes 10 minutes turning them once.
- Sprinkle potatoes with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes longer until cheese melts and potatoes brown.
- While potatoes are broiling, dice onion.
- In 12 inch skillet over medium heat in 1 tablespoon hot olive or salad oil, cook onion until tender with slotted spoon,remove onion to bowl.
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In same skillet over medium high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive or salad oil, cook steaks until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes for rare or until of desired doneness.
- Place steaks on warm platter.
- Keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, spoon off fat.
- Add vinegar and cook onion.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen brown bits on bottom of skillet.
- Spoon onion mixture over steaks.
- Arrange Parmesan potatoes around steaks.
- To serve cut each steak in half.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.