Fruit of the Month: Peach by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 cups (1 lb) fresh, ripe Summerwhite California peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup minced scallions
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- jalapeno chilis, seeded, de-veined and minced (to taste)
- superfine sugar (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ t five-spice powder
- 2 Tbsp safflower oil
- 4 (1½ lbs) Chilean sea bass steaks, 6 oz each, skinned and boned
- cilantro sprigs (for garnish)
- lime wedges (for garnish)
- Combine diced peaches, scallions, cilantro, chilis, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Set aside for at least one hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Mix in lime juice before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix five-spice powder with oil and brush onto both sides of steaks.
- Heat large sauté pan over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Sear sea bass until golden brown on both sides. Finish cooking to desired doneness in the oven.
- To serve, place one steak on each of the four plates. Divide salsa evenly and spoon over and along side. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.