Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 4 large sandwiches.
- 1 x 6½ oz can solid white tuna in water, well drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 tbsp capers, drained
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1 sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 small loaves of peasant bread
- extra-virgin olive oil
- several large cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Slice each loaf of bread in half horizontally, and rub the cut surfaces with the garlic cloves.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on each half, and salt and pepper them.
- For each sandwich, pile on slices of onion, tomato and bell pepper and sprinkle on a few capers.
- Top with 2 or 3 anchovy filets, chunks of the tuna and slices of hard-boiled egg.
- Put the tops on, squish them down, and wrap in lengths of waxed paper, twisting the ends.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.