- ¼ cup olive oil for sautéing
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 loaf Cuban bread sliced into one-inch thick slices (you may substitute French bread)
- lemon juice to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Slice the bread into one-inch slices.
- Place the rounds on a cutting board and use a heavy frying pan or bacon press to compress them slightly.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan.
- Toss in the crushed garlic and parsley and sauté for one minute only, stirring constantly.
- Add the bread and sauté over medium heat until the bread is browned on both sides.
- Just before removing the toast from the pan, sprinkle the slices with a little fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.