Steamed whole eel in black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp mashed ginger (or ginger juice)
Sauce 1 Edit
Sauce 2 Edit
- Clean eel with hot water, cut away eel's head.
- Circle-cut eel's body by a small knife, slightly 5 mm in depth, almost to the bone.
- Cut each 15 mm as one section, make many sections on whole eel's body.
- Marinate eel including head for 10 minutes by seasoning, coated by oil.
- Put eel into a flat-bottom steaming container, circle the eel's body.
- Put the eel's head into the center of eel's circle, steamed 10 minutes by high heat.
- Heat wok with 2 tbsp of oil, add in sauce (1), stir fry.
- Add in sauce (2), cook until boiled, add sauce onto the eel.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and spring onion, serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.