- 2 day old bread rolls
- 1 liter (1½ pints) clear stock
- chopped chives
- salt, pepper
- 1 egg yolks
- ½ cup cream
- Cut rolls into cubes and cook with the stock until the rolls have been completely absorbed by soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk egg yolk with cream, gradually pour on the hot soup whisking all the time.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve at once.
- A small lump of butter added just before serving greatly improves the flavor.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.