- 4 cups fresh clams
- 1½ lbs ñame, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 coriander leaf
- 8 cups hot water
- salt and pepper
- Place clams in slated water for half an hour.
- Remove and put into hot water and cook until the clams open up.
- Drain and save the water.
- When the clams have cooled, remove from the shells and clean.
- Cook the onion, tomato and pepper with the coriander in a little oil until soft.
- Rinse the ñame well.
- Strain into a pot the water the clams were cooked in to remove any sand.
- Add to this water the cooked vegetables, the ~name and the clams.
- Simmer about 20 minutes or until the ñame is tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.