- 1 x 4 – 5 lb stewing hen, cleaned, dressed and cut up
- 1 large onion
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 4 quarts cold water
- 1 lb yucca
- 2 medium size otoes
- 1 lb ñame
- 3 green plantains
- ½ lb zapallo (pumpkin)
- 3 ears of tender corn
- 1 lb potatoes
- salt and pepper
- coriander and parsley
- Place the cut-up hen in the cold water with the herbs and salt and pepper and cook slowly until the hen is tender.
- While it is cooking, chop the onion, tomatoes, peppers.
- And add to the pot with the garlic.
- Cut the corn and plantains in 1½-inch pieces and add.
- Then chop the remaining vegetables (not too small) and add.
- Continue cooking until all the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste.
- For a little more zip, add a bit of hot pepper.
- Serve in large soup dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.