While paneer is available at Indian grocery stores, it can easily be made fresh at home. Ayurvedic healers recommend making the paneer fresh for use within the day for better digestibility.
- Place milk in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat while stirring.
- When the milk foams stir in yogurt (make sure your careful so the curds dont break).
- Add lemon to finish the separating process. Allow to set for a few minutes.
- Hold the curd back with a big spoon and poor off the whey.
- Trying not to separate the curd, place curd into Cheese cloth.
- Drain for 5-10 minutes and then place the paneer while still in cloth under a pot filled with water to finish pressing out the water.
- You should have a loaf that you can cut into cubes.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.