- 250 g paneer
- 3 potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1 tsp coriander and cumin seeds powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- oil for frying
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 onions
- 6 – 8 green chillies
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 100 gms cashew nuts
- 50 gms poppy seeds
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Grate the paneer and mix well with the mashed potatoes.
- Add the salt and coriander and cumin seeds powder.
- Mix well and make into round balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the koftas till golden brown and keep aside.
- Soak cashew nuts and khus-khus in luke warm milk and keep aside for 20 minutes and grind it to a smooth paste along with the milk.
- Make a paste of onions and green chillies and keep aside.
- Heat the pan, add the butter to it.
- Add onion-green chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste and fry till oil separates.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add the cashew nut paste and fry for 3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add salt and garam masala to the gravy.
- Pour water into the gravy and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Put off the flame and add lemon juice to it.
- Dump the koftas into the gravy, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.