Cooking time: 5 minutes.
Serves: 3-4 people.
- 6 ounces canned mackerel filets, drained and crumbled
- 10 ounces (250 g) pappardelle substitutions: fettuccine, tagliatelle
- a bunch of basil, shredded
- ½ a bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté the onion until it is lightly browned in the olive oil, then crumble the mackerel into it.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, vinegar, bullion, basil, and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for a half hour, adding more liquid if it looks to be drying out, and in the meantime heat pasta water.
- Salt the water, cook the pasta, check the seasoning of the sauce, and pour it over the pasta after you drain it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.