- 2 tbsps margarine or butter 30 g
- ⅓ cup brown sugar 75 g
- 6 slices papaw cut small (2")
- 2½ cups sifted cake flour
- 3 tsps baking powder 15 ml
- ½ cup margarine 112 g
- 1½ cups sugar 375 g
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup milk 250 ml
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 ml
- pinch of salt 0.5 ml
- Melt margarine or butter in cake pan 8x2" sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Put papaw slices in bottom of small cake pan.
- Put sugar and margarine in mixing bowl cream until fluffy and light.
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add to margarine and sugar.
- Add essence.
- Mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and salt, alternately with milk.
- Pour on top melted margarine and papaw.
- Bake in oven 350°F / 180°C until knife comes out clean.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.