Oat Crust Edit
- 1½ cups rolled oats blended into flour in a food processor (or substitute whole wheat pastry flour)
- ½ cup barley flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ ripe papaya
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 packages extra firm tofu
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Mango Glaze Edit
- Whip papaya and oil in a food processor.
- Add the tofu and blend well, until the texture is very creamy.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the oat crust and bake at 350ºf for 50 minutes until the top is light brown and the cake is set firm.
- Let cool before adding the mango glaze.
- Add the maple syrup and diluted arrowroot to a small pot and simmer on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add mixture to the mango in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the already set, cooled down cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for several hours - overnight would be best.
- When ready to serve, take a wet knife and run it around the outer edge of the cake to loosen it from the side of the pan.
- With your hands on the bottom of the pan, press up so that the cake moves up out of the frame.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.