- 9 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Jam (optional) 100gms
- Beat egg yolks until light and frothy, then spoon in the beaten egg white.
- Continue beating until mixture is spongy in texture, then pour into muffin tins that have been buttered.
- Set tins in a bain-marie (about one inch of hot water in a shallow pan) and bake in 350° F oven about 15-20 minutes.
- Dissolve Sugar in water and bring to a boil, add vanilla extract.
- Remove papos de anjo from tins, make 3, 4 holes in each one with a toothpick and drop into boiling syrup.
- Remove from heat, let cool and place in a pyrex.
- Refrigerate until next day, so papos will soak in the syrup overnight.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.