Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 Servings.
- 3 chicken breast halves (bone-in)
- 3 chicken thighs
- 3 chicken legs
- salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 onion, yellow only, sliced or grated
- 2 cups chicken broth, store-brought or homemade
- ½ cup sour cream
- parsley, optional
- hot sauce, optional
- Wash chicken pieces and trim off excess skin.
- Rub all over with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place in a slow cooker. Scatter onion over chicken.
- Pour in chicken broth. Cover tightly and cook on high setting for 30 minutes.
- Turn to low setting and continue cooking for 6 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in or mix with the sour cream. Garnish with the parsley and drizzle with the hot sauce, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.