Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 3 cups
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Combine ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened (10 – 15 minutes) optional:(pour sauce through a strainer to remove onion and garlic) adjust seasonings to taste.
- Let cool to room temperature (place in fridge up to a week if not using all of it now).
Nutritional information Edit
Per 2 tbsp serving:
- 60 Calories | 10 g. carbs. | 1 g. Protein | 2.5 g. fat. | no Cholesterol
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.