Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Cooking Healthy Across America
- Serves 8
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Bisquick reduced fat baking mix
- 6 tbsp graham cracker crumbs (Hint: a self-sealed bag works great for crushing graham crackers)
- ½ cup pourable Splenda
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia or walnuts
- ⅔ cup (2 ripe medium) mashed bananas
- 1 cup (1 - 8oz can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, drained
- 2 tbsp Land o' Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, graham cracker crumbs, and Splenda.
- Stir in nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed bananas, pineapple, sour cream, and rum extract.
- Add banana mixture to baking mix mixture.
- Mix gently just to combine.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and continue cooling on rack.
- Cut into 8 thick or 16 thin slices.
Nutritional information Edit
- 140 calories | 4 gm fat | 2 gm protein | 24 gm carbohydrate | 236 mg sodium | 31 mg calcium | 1 gm fiber
- Diabetic: 1 starch | 1 fruit | ½ fat
- HE: 1 bread | ¾ fruit | ¼ fat | 17 optional calories
- Points per serving : 3
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.