This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds fresh broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 thin wide cooked ham slices
- Wash and trim broccoli then cook in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain well.
- Arrange in shallow casserole dish.
- Melt butter over low heat then stir in flour then broth and cream.
- Cook and stir constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in ½ cup of the cheese.
- Arrange ham slices over broccoli so the broccoli is covered.
- Cover with sauce then top with remaining cheese.
- Broil for 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.