- ¼ cup thinly sliced, commercially preserved lemons
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fruity extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh spearmint
- 2 cups lightly packed Italian parsley leaves, stems removed, washed and spun dry
- 1 medium-sized cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut in ¼-inch dice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- preserved lemons
- 4 large lemons, preferably organically grown
- ½ cup coarse kosher salt
- 2 to 3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Stir together preserved lemon, garlic, olive oil and mint in mixing bowl.
- Add spearmint, parsley leaves and cucumber to bowl, season generously with black pepper and toss well.
- Serve salad chilled or at room temperature.
- Preserved lemons
- Wash and quarter lemons.
- Using tip of paring knife, remove any visible seeds.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons salt in 1-quart, wide-mouth canning jar.
- Drop 4 lemon quarters in jar, and sprinkle with another 2 tablespoons salt.
- Continue to layer lemons and salt in jar.
- Pour in enough lemon juice to fill jar.
- Screw on lid, shake and, if necessary, top off jar with more lemon juice.
- Leave jar at room temperature for about 6 to 8 days, shaking it daily, or until peel softens and pith turns from white to pale yellow throughout.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.