Description EditThis rich, herb-based poultry dish is made and packed with real herbs and delivers a good, herbaceous flavor from the chicken. This is one grand meal the family will love.
- 4 chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 slices lemons, thin
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Separate skin from the body of the chicken. In a fresh, large bowl, mix olive oil, oregano, basil and salt.
- Rub ¾ of the mixture between the skin and the meat of the chicken.
- Rub the rest into the skin. Put slices of lemon and cloves of garlic into the chicken.
- Stuff the bunch of the parsley into the chicken's rear, stalk first; just press it in firmly so that as much parsley as possible would get inside.
- You will still have a healthy bunch of leaves outside. Pour the sea salt onto the cooking sheet; spread evenly.
- Place the chicken on the salt (with the back downwards).
- Bake for about one hour or until the skin is nicely crispy. Serve warm and plain over white rice, or with any side dish, main dish, or appetizer but just take the chicken out of the oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.