- 3 lbs fresh beets or 2 cans shoestring beets (12 oz.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 oz blanched, shredded almonds
- 1¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp ginger (or less to taste)
- Boil, peel and grate fresh beets on large grater, or use shoestring beets.
- Bring sugar and honey to a rolling boil; add beets, lemon juice and rind.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Add ginger and cook until thick, about 30 minutes longer.
- Add almonds, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stirring often.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.